Transfer your domain names to the official and trusted registrar for .LY ccTLD.
You are one step away from getting the domain name of your dreams.
Ensure your website remains operational without interruption during the transfer process.
As the official registrar for .LY domain names, you will enjoy cost savings on your annual renewal fees.
.LY Domains Price
Carry Time Over
We extend the expiration date of your domain name by adding 1 year renewal to it during transfer process.
How do I transfer a .ly domain name?
Please be advised that effective October 22, 2020, the transfer process of .LY domains between registrars is conducted securely through the provision of an EPP/Auth code. This process typically completes within a matter of hours. For any future updates, we recommend monitoring our Announcements Page.
Prepare your domain for transfer:
- Unlock your domain – remove the Registrar lock you may have set for added security.
- Obtain the Auth/EPP code from the current Registrar.
Unable to obtain the EPP/Auth code from your current registrar?
Go to whois.nic.ly and click the “Key Retrieval” button at the top of the page. Complete the form and the EPP/Auth code will be sent to your email.
If your email address is not listed in the domain name registrant .LY WHOIS information, it may indicate that you are not the owner of the domain name. Some companies offer a fake domain privacy service, which replaces your contact information with their own in the .LY WHOIS database without your consent. This is not allowed and can result in the loss of the domain name.
To start the transfer process, please follow these steps:
No domain downtime
Whether you’re hosting the DNS yourself, or through a web hosting company, your nameservers will be transferred over and you should not experience any downtime.
NOTE: If you are using a registrar’s default nameservers and want to avoid downtime during transfer, we advise you to change them before the transfer.
Please contact our Support Team if you require further assistance.
Transfer .LY domain from/to another account at Reg.ly
Looking to transfer a name already with us to another Reg.ly customer?
There is no cost for this process and the registration period will not be extended.
To begin, Submit A Ticket with the new owner’s information (email/phone) and their information will replace yours on the domain name, giving them full control and ownership.
Note: This action is irreversible.”
Frequently asked questions about domain transfers
Support and knowledge is waiting for you
- Refund Policy: Since reg.ly offers non-tangible and non-returnable goods, we do not issue refunds once the order is finalized and the product is activated.
The purchase of a product (Domain Registration, Renewal or Transferring) implies acceptance of all its features and limitations. Refunds on the grounds of customer’s belief that the product does not meet their expectations or not as described will not be issued.
All funds deposited to customer account are final and no refund will be issued.
- No Downtime: Whether you’re hosting the DNS yourself, or through a web hosting company, your nameservers will be transferred over and you should not experience any downtime. Note: If you are using a registrar’s default nameservers and want to avoid downtime during the transfer we advise to change your nameservers before the transfer.
- Product Managing Description: Change Contact information. Update your nameservers (UP to 5). Set your private nameservers and IP. Lock/Unlock Domains. Costumer Email Support. Email renewal reminder. Enable/Disable Auto renew. Request Auth/EPP code.Please Note: You may use your own or your hosting nameservers to point your domains (eg. ns1.example.com ns2.example.com).
Should a domain name dispute arise by any third party, or if any dispute arises under this Registration Agreement, the applicant agrees to abide by these terms and conditions.